‘Firesmart Risk Management Ltd’ Organisation Privacy Notice
Our contact details
Name: Firesmart Risk Management Ltd
Address: Aries House, 43 Selkirk Street, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52 2HJ
Phone Number: 01242 583545
What type of information we store
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Contact information, for example: name, telephone number, email address
- Licence and fire risk assessment data, for example: licence purchase data, fire risk assessment data entered, date user last updated system
- Website usage information
- Email engagement information, for example: whether you have opened emails and clicked on links
How we get the information and why we have it
1, Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- The provision of the Firesmart service
- An enquiry about the Firesmart service e.g. via a web form, email or phone
We receive personal information indirectly, from our third-party payment processing providers where you have made an online payment in relation to the Firesmart service. We do not receive or retain card details.
If you have purchased a Firesmart licence, we hold details of your Firesmart licence and the fire risk assessment data you enter into the system. This is in order to provide you with the Firesmart service.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is contract.
2, We use email engagement information, such as whether you have opened emails and clicked on links. This is to help us to identify whether an email has been received, engaged with and whether there may be opportunities to improve our services. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing email engagement information is in our legitimate interests.
We receive personal information indirectly from third parties who provide the Firesmart service under their own branding. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely upon for processing this information is that we have a contractual obligation.
- Where you have provided consent, we use third party analysis tools to help us understand how visitors find and use our website, and how we can make improvements. The cookies used expire after 1 month.
- Where you have provided consent, we use third party tools for online advertising to help us keep you informed about the Firesmart service. The cookies used expire after 1 month.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for the cookies listed above is your consent.
If you use the Firesmart App, functional cookies and data are stored by the Firesmart software on your device(s). These cookies and data are stored in order to provide the Firesmart service.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to.
- Provide the Firesmart service
- Contact you in relation to the Firesmart service
- Provide you with marketing information around the Firesmart service where you have given consent
- Identify opportunities to improve our products, services and how we communicate with users
How we store your information
We may use secure, third-party providers to store data relevant to your account and provide the Firesmart service.
We keep contact information, licence and fire risk assessment data for the duration of your licence + 3 years. We will then dispose of your information by deleting your assessment from our database.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at if you wish to make a request.
Firesmart Risk Management Ltd
43 Selkirk Street
Tel: 01242 583545
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113